- We held a daily Morning Meeting beginning on the first day of school. The students learned two greetings and read daily morning messages. We will add a sharing component to our meeting next week. This provides us with a good foundation for building a strong classroom community.
- We practiced procedures such as lining up, walking in the hallway and fire drills.
- We created a chart of classroom rules. These will be the guiding expectations in everything we do this year. The rules will be reviewed and reinforced often.
- We read many school-themed stories such as If You Take a Mouse to School, Chrysanthemum and Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes.
- We decorated our big bulletin board with a special project. Students reflected on their summer and made goals for second grade. You will see these during open house!
- In math, we began calendar routines, "played" with the 100 grid and explored important math tools such as pattern blocks and geoboards.
Monday - P.E. (please wear sneakers)
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - Art
Friday - Library (remember to return your books)
We will also have computer and kindergarten book buddies each week.
Thank you for a great week!